|Home||» Products||» Construction Machinery||» Hydrophilic Polyurethane Grouting CY 101|
Hydrophilic Polyurethane Grouting CY 101
CY - 101 Hydrophilic Polyurethane Grouting is used to stop leaks and fill underground voids. CY-101 is a polymer solution which cures when reacted with water, CY-101 can not only stop the water, it can stop or slow the deterioration of steel bar or other internal features of the concrete. This success is due to the placement of CY-101 throughout the depth of the crack.
Areas of application include
- Retaining walls
- Floor slabs
- Water tanks
- Terraces and balconies
- RC gutters and planter boxes
- Swimming pools
- Suspended floors
- Basements and fountains
- Underwater injection approved
- Good elastic strength, tolerant of movement Inert after curing, constant volume, no shrinkage
- Foam increases in volume to fill cavities and voids
- Excellent bond to wet surfaces
- Negative side application possible
- Deep penetration into very small cracks
- Dose not create new cracks
Technical & Physical Data
Single Part Liquid
Solubility in Water
Viscosity, c ps(KS F 4923)
Induction Time, 20°C/68°F
Elongation at break(%)
White Polyurethane Foam
Resistant to more organic solvent Mild Acids Alkali
1 year when unopened and undamaged
Store in a dry cool place
- Minimum ambient and substrate temperature is 5°C
- Material shall be store in a dry cool place.
- Good Storage stability for unopened containers at 15°C ~ 30°C.
Instruction for Use
STEP 1: Clean Surface
Sometimes the concrete surface is hidden under a surface of mineral deposits left from long-term water leakage.
STEP 2: Drill Injection Holes
- In order to inject the resin into the crack, it is necessary to install injection ports, also called mechanical packers.
- The depth of the drill hole intersecting the crack should be somewhere close to the center of structure, if possible.
STEP 3: Insert Injection Packers
Place packers in the previously drilled hole, so that the top of the rubber sleeve is below the concrete surface. If the packer can't be pushed into the hole, tap it in. Tighten the packer with a wrench as tight as necessary.
STEP 4: Flush Crack If Necessary
In some circumstances, it can be very useful to flush the crack with water to improve the subsequent penetration of the injection resin into thicker walls.
STEP 5: Crack Injection
Choose the proper resin for the correct application. The nature of the crack /joint and the conditions at the job site determine the choice of material. For general purpose, you may choose CYH-500. Active water flow at a high rate is best stopped by using CY-101 for the first step then follows by CYH-500. Moving cracks and expansion joints should be injected with CY-101. airline cracks and dry cracks should be sealed using DEP-OO9( E-PUTTY) Some problems are solved by using a combination of products.
STEP 6: Clean Up
Once the injection work is completed, a good and thorough clean up is essential. The packers can be removed within 1 hour and the holes should be patched by using Epoxy putty
Tools and equipment just can be clean with aceton or suitable thinner immediately after use.
Impervious gloves and barrier cream should be used when handling these products. Eye protection should be worn. In case of contact with eyes, wash thoroughly with plenty of water and seek medical advice if symptoms persist. If contact with skin occurs, it must be removed before curing takes place. Wash off with an industrial skin clearer followed by plenty of soap and water. Do not use solvent. Ensure adequate ventilation when using these products.